Tuesday 14 July 2009

I dont like.

Some of you may recall I have a fear, possible phobia and general dislike of thrusters. A thruster is a movement entirely unique to CrossFit, it is the combination of a front squat into an overhead press, and is a great test of core strength and hip drive, pushing the weight into the locked out overhead position, with the arm behind the line of the ear, not in front. (this is important, range of movement is a CrossFit standard and needs to be adhered to)
They are uncomfortable, to say the least, however in our training we need to embrace our deficiencies, preparing our fitness so that we can possess a balanced fitness, not primarily focussing on our strengths and favourite bits.

The wod for today was 7 single thrusters, each escalating in weight, I got up to 65kg-Davie has an 80kg as does Karl-so I need to work on these, much as I don't want to.

To follow
Mini Fran
7 thrusters
7 pullups
x 5.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: